25 Apr Remember to Ask Your Healthcare Professional
Living well includes taking good care of your physical and mental health.
Mount Vernon Towers, the well-established senior living community in Sandy Springs, offers onsite rehab services and short-term respite care to get residents back on their feet after surgery or illness. Mount Vernon Towers’ onsite personal care community, Sandy Springs Assisted Living, is located within the main building. This 26-bed healthcare center provides complete assisted living in a comfortable, family-like environment.
As people age, many opt to get checked regularly for possible memory issues, in addition to their annual physical examination.
As a follow up to a memory screening or if you want to discuss other memory concerns with your physician or other healthcare professional, the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America suggests to bring a list of current medications, notes on symptoms and other issues, and a list including these questions:
- What is my diagnosis?
- What other tests should I take?
- Should I see a neurologist, geriatrician or other specialist?
- How often do I need to see you?
- What changes in condition should I report to you?
- What are the symptoms and time span of the disease?
- What are all the available treatments?
- In addition to medication, do you have recommendations regarding diet, exercise, including brain exercise, and other lifestyle changes?
- Do you have information about community resources including support groups, educational workshops and services for my family?
Mount Vernon Towers in Sandy Springs, one of Atlanta’s most desirable and convenient neighborhoods, offers a number of different floor plans, a variety of activities and social events, excellent dining and 24-hour security, as well as a 26-bed personal care community: Sandy Springs Assisted Living.
Call for a personal tour soon!
“Gracious Independent Living for the Young at Heart”