20 Jun Are You Up for Downsizing?
Even before you make the decision to move to Mount Vernon Towers, the independent senior living community in the heart of Sandy Springs, it is wise to start thinking about how you wish to approach the sorting and cleaning process known as downsizing.
Like most, people who live in their home longer than a couple of years have accumulated lots of items – some that are of historical value, some that represent dear memories, but also lots of bulky or outdated things that are no longer need to be kept.
According to a recent article in TopRetirements.com, here are twelve steps to downsizing success:
- Start now
- Understand the target – what is the size of your new home?
- Determine a time-table
- List what you have that you absolutely cannot part with
- Determine how you are going to distribute your stuff to your loved ones
- Decide what will fit style-wise in your new place
- Face reality about values
- Make a decision on how to get rid of the stuff you are not taking
- Tread lightly with family history
- Figure out how you are going to get your stuff to the new location
- Let it go – if you haven’t looked at it in two years, out it goes!
- Don’t leave downsizing to your surviving spouse or children.
Source: Topretirements.com, 6/4/2013
Benefits: By moving to a smaller home, like one at Mount Vernon Towers, seniors can save a lot of money in utilities, taxes and maintenance. By downsizing in an organized and timely manner, you can save your spouse, partner and heirs a lot of work.
If you are ready to downsize and move to a comfortable, convenient and spacious condominium in Mount Vernon Towers, please contact Curt Frinkle at (404) 255-3534 for a private tour.